atheism creationism evolution god religion
Via: Through Night-Kingdomed Gates
On this post I received the a critique of the following quote:
Science adjusts its views based on what’s observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.” - Tim Minchin.
Thanks for the copy paste from another website. Yawn. I will still make some comments because im that kind of guy.
1) Your expectations are wrong. Apparently you haven’t been here before. Feel free to check the FAQ is you so choose.
2) Nobody has asserted that science is like an infallible, omnisciente deity that is perfect. No one. Only religionists like you assume so. On the contrary, science is the process that works. That produces verifiable results. It is not perfect, but is the best we have. Way, way superior to religious faith. History is a witness to that.
3) You assert that evolution (macro-evolution? LOL!!) is is pseudo-scientific. Talk about ad-hominen, assertions and straw men.
4) The fact that science changes is what makes it powerful because it SELF CORRECTS. Compare that to the bible. Slavery ok in the past. Not ok now say believers (not based on the bible since it never, ever outlaws slavery). Picking sticks on Sabbath, death. Not today. The fact that there are 1,000,000 + versions and flavors of christianity show that “the word of god” is anything but that.
5) Love is a description of feelings/chemicals in your brain. I have no issue with you saying that god is as real as love, sadness or happiness. They surely exist in your head and they will go to the same place they where before you were born. What you cant do is say that god more than a process in your head. Like a plant, a computer or anything else we know exists. For that you need evidence. Where is it?
6) Dude, so many assertions in your copy paste job. I was a christian for many years (check FAQ). Not impressed at all.
7) The value of logic is based on the results we get from applying it. Bible belief IS circular reasoning. You have no evidence in favor of it. But we have evidence in favor of logic. Science, logic and reason are tools. The fact that we can type on a computer is evidence. The fact that when you get sick you depend on doctors and not on prayer only is a testament to the superiority of science, logic and reason over religious myths and superstitions like christianity. I could go on and on but the point is already obvious to the open mind. The one that has not been filled with preconceived religious notions.
8) Assertions on bible prophecy. Yawn. None of the prophecies regarding Jesus (per christians since Jews find them ridiculous still today based on the study of the books THEY wrote) can be verified outside of the new testament. A series of books whose purpose was not history or factual recordings, but pure unadulterated proselytizing. Circular reasoning. Not credible at all. A clear agenda. Is that the best your god can do? Please. The same can be said of ALL of the other supposed proof. It is quite sad actually that people still take myth and superstition to this day as real.
9) Atheism existed way before Darwin was born. So your “axiomatic” assertion about world views are not only ridiculous but factually wrong. Which is not surprising since you are a creationist. There is no other way one could be one.