via Religion Poisons Everything
via Flying Spaghetti Monster
via Michel Bourgois
via David G. McAfee
via The Science Nexus Of Human Cognitive Evolution & The Extinction Of Religion
I just have one word.
Haven’t found yet where having slaves is something “god” does not approve of. And still he and everyone that is not a racial bigot HAS changed the Bible.
But the same cannot be said of his anti gay bigoted views…
1) Who actually thinks that cosmology and geophysics are on the same level as creationism? They are as different as night and day, facts and lies, truth and superstition.
2) I suggest you actually take the time to study “this” before trying to intelligently discuss them. If not is a waste of everyone’s time…
3) There are evolutionary records for the planets, stars and the universe itself. Again, I strongly suggest you read up on these topics. See my previous recommendations on where to start. Then you can ask intelligently. No one is bound to do your homework for you.
4) Miracles to prevent catastrophic planetary accidents? Really? At this point I can only concluded you are a troll. Who hasn’t at least heard of gravity, orbits and black holes? C’mon…
5) No point going back and forth anymore. For those still interested the fact remains that asserting that a designer made the universe does not solve the problem of who designed the designer. If the assumption is that the designer had no need for anyone to design it/him/her then, why can’t we assert the same thing of the Universe itself? Per Occam’s razor (google it) belief in a supreme designer is superfluous and a total waste of time since no facts support it.
Truly it is easier to sit on one’s couch and assert baseless things about the universe than actually taking the time to study and learn how the universe actually is and came to be. That is the difference between a lazy, uninformed person and one who actually seeks truth. May we always be the latter and never the former.
Just received this. Here are my thoughts:
All we seen and have shown to be true about our universe indicates that complexity comes from simplicity. Be it evolution or cosmology, complex systems are nothing more than the sum of simpler more basic systems. At one point, at the begging of time, the universe was way more simple than what it is today. Just what we would expect from an unguided state of affairs.
Now, If the complexity and/or mathematical precision of the universe today requires an even more complex designer than the universe itself, where did the designer’s complexity come from to begin with? What reasoning mind could side step such basic question? What reasoning mind would assert no need to explain the alleged designer’s complexity? If one side steps the question on the designer, why not do it as well in regards to the universe itself? The designer idea becomes and is wholly unnecessary, and still we do have good hypothesis of how the universe came to be…
I recommend the book “A Universe from Nothing” by Krause on the topic.
Isn’t such trite argumentation evidently self defeating? Only when a reasoning mind realizes that complexity comes from simplicity are the doors open to accept the fact that belief in a grand designer is superfluous. The universe itself is a witness against such fact lacking assumptions of design and unaccounted for complexity.
Watch some Cosmos on Fox. Great program.
via Atheist God
False. We will all perish for eternity. Eventually. It is called death.
Scientists have figured it out long ago, but now even the fools are figuring it out.
Via Verbeana Wonders
Hours Worked On Minimum Wage In Order To Pay For One University Credit Hour